Thursday, November 12, 2009

Social Report!

Such a strange name for such an exciting gift.

Yesterday - I received word that you ... well... I'll edit this later.. but you are experiencing some acute health issues. You are getting medical care and we are all very hopeful that you will be back playing with your friends in the center, soon.  There are hundreds of people praying for you. Praying for God to watch over you. Momma is a bit numb about the whole thing. I know you are not alone. In my gut- deep in my soul- there is peace- cause I know God has you in his hands.(I should also tell you that I'm literally sick with worry. In this country we have medication that sometimes helps...)

Today- the people who cared for you in Ethiopia- sent me some new pictures of you and lots of information on your likes, dislikes, bath time, favorite toys, naps, meals etc.  I'm hope that you'll have found this info either digital, or hard copy - that was saved for you.  After yesterday's heartache... your whole family was joyful to receive more information on your little personality and your bright and shiny face. The front page had your picture- in that picture- there is no doubt you are my son. I am your Momma.

10 comments:

Me. Us. She. said...

He is too cute. I hope he gets better soon. Keep us posted. I'm sure this is very very stressful.

Evelyn said...

Hope your sweet boy gets better soon! He's in my prayers.

Gretchen said...

He could NOT be any cuter!!! What a sweet smile! The kids and I have been praying over here!!

scooping it up said...

Oh MY HEAVENS. He is gorgeous. That smile couldn't be sweeter. What gorgeous happy boy. He is definitely in our prayers all day every day.

Jennifer said...

Aw man, now I'm crying again. God is indeed holding your son in His arms while you can't and giving him kisses for you, this I know.

He is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait until that magnificent grin is turned on YOU! I bet you'll melt. ;-)

the Melodious Mama said...

sending you so much love and praying for healing for your sweet son! He is so beautiful and beaming!

Unknown said...

Those dimples and the crinkles around his eyes when he smiles just make my heart melt! That's your little man! And he is in so many people's prayers...God is watching over him (and you)!

Unknown said...

He is absolutely beautiful. I hope to be traveling around the same time as you, and I wonder if our sons are playmates at the care center. I passed court on 10/27 and have my BC...just waiting for the travel date and that wonderful social report to arrive. I'll keep praying you travel soon. It would be a wonderful Xmas to have him home in your arms.

Melissa

Renee said...

He is adorable! One of our sons was quite sick in ET and I too was so worried. Praying for healing for him and peace for you.

anymommy said...

Your beautiful son. You are both in my thoughts.