Saturday, January 15, 2011

One Year Ago...

The day I met my son. The day we met. Even knowing his personality more now- I'm still not quite sure what was going on. What I do know- is that he was keenly aware- hyper-vigilantly so, to what was going on with who, when and where. Even today- if he sees the shirt I wore that day or take out the bag that I carried- he spots it and remembers. Now- he is happy and giddy to remember. That day- hesitant- on guard. Oddly- so was I. I remember saying more than one time- keep the cameras out of his face.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Gosh, Shannon. It's so strange for me to see your photo of the Care Center because, literally, one year ago when you took the photo, Clementine was inside the building. She still had over a month before we picked her up. Sooo strange. Congrats on celebrating one year together!