Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Confessions- Surreality

I admit-
  • The times, they are a changing.


  • That 5 weeks ago- as I drove to my sisters house- I was spiraling out of control. I was the worst person in the world. I was sure of it. I had lost all perspective on how to to parent the hurting child strapped in a safety seat. Someone had pulled the plug and I was heading down the drain.
  • I now know, there was more than one drain plug that had been pulled.
  • That one (1) week ago- I was overcome with... surreality. Is that a word? It was surreal. Overwhelmingly. How could this same ride be so very very very different? How could we- ME and HIM- as individuals- and US as a family- be so very different. Had it only been 4 weeks?!?!?!
  • We are happy. Stable. Rested. Sane. Laughing. Together. Joyful. Safe. Trusting.
  • That I started writing this post 3 Fridays ago so far, we are still on the good foot!

      2 comments:

      scooping it up said...

      so glad the good foot is still forward. I pray for you often.

      Annie D said...

      Shannon,
      I know I am a total stranger, but your post made me smile from ear to ear. I LOVE the picture of you and your son. I can so empathize with the feeling of not knowing what to do next for your hurting child. Keep on what you are doing. The joy in both of your faces is evidence that it is working.