Friday, January 2, 2009

Asmara...


To My Child... Today I ventured to a great little restaurant in Portland on Oak Street. I tried authentic food from the country of your birth. Not only did I really enjoy it. The entire experience was very emotional and fun for me. I don't know if I'll ever learn to cook that way, but we'll be enjoying it together, one way or the other.

I didn't know really what to expect. I was told to expect it to be really spicy and no one I'd talked to ever liked the Honey Wine. It was spicy and I loved it... plus any time Momma gets to eat with her fingers, it's going to be a hit! The Honey Wine.. I found quite... intoxicating... especially upon refills.

Although, my lunch date couldn't make it this afternoon, I decided I would go by myself anyway. And I was very excited to get there. I was there early in the evening and was the only seated customer, and yet personally met, by name, every person who came in the door. One of which, I hope you'll get to know as they have just welcomed home 3 of your country-mates.

Today made me very very excited to meet you, after leaving a long stretch of anxiety, worry and tail chasing.
This was a very enriching day for me and hopefully our family. It's just the beginning, and I'm loving this journey to you.

No comments: